How can International Students switch their visa from within the UK?

How can International Students switch their visa from within the UK?

Aimed at:  Edinburgh Napier’s students

We recommend you read the Tier 2 Guidance notes before you apply.

You should make your application before your current visa expires. As you will be applying from within the UK, your employer does not need to pass the Resident Labour Market Test (where they must prove no other settled worker is suitable for the job). You must apply within 3 months from the date your COS was assigned and no more than 3 months before you start work.

As part of your application, you will be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

  • A current passport or other valid travel identification
  • A passport-sized colour photograph
  • Bank statements showing you’ve had at least £945.00 in savings continuously over the last 90 days, or your sponsor’s certification that they can support and accommodate you for the first month you’re employed
  • Your original degree certificate (if you have graduated) or your academic transcript
  • A letter from the University confirming your award. (if you are a PhD student and you have completed at least one year of study, we can issue you with a letter confirming your status)
  • Proof that you meet the English requirement

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances, so please read the guide for a full list of documents you can provide.

There are no attachments for this article.