Can International Students apply for jobs from outside the UK?

Can International Students apply for jobs from outside the UK?

Aimed at:  Edinburgh Napier’s students

​If your current visa expires and you leave the UK, you can apply from outside the country if you find an employer. The employer will have to pass the Resident Labour Market Test and they will have to issue you with a restricted COS to sponsor you.

In order to pass the resident labour market test, an employer must have advertised the job in an appropriate way for the sector and be able to show that not suitably skilled settled worker can do the job. The Home Office decides where the employer must advertise the job, how long it must be advertised and the information that must be included in the advertisement.

Settled workers are British Citizens, other European Economic Area (EEA) nationals, British Overseas Territories nationals, those with Indefinite Leave to Remain and those who have leave under the UK ancestry provisions.

Under Tier 2, employers must advertise the job for at least four weeks to the UK resident labour market (settled workers). Settled workers are those who have Indefinite Leave to Remain (a visa with no end date) or for other reasons, do not have restrictions on their stay in the UK. If any settled worker meets the job criteria, the job must be offered to them before it can be offered to a non-settled worker.

There are no attachments for this article.